Very interesting….! I could successfully install Mac OS X “El Capitan” onto my Gigabyte BRIX Pro mini computer using “Unibeast” and “MultiBeast” tools.
Unibeast 1.6 for El Capitan + MultiBeast for El Capitan
Boot loader = Clover boot loader v2.3.x
Intel Iris PRO graphic = El Capitan supports it normally
Audio (RealTek) = Works after installing drivers through MultiBeast (see notes below)
WiFi = Original Intel WiFi card not supported by Mac OS X and therefore I had to change the compatible (Qualcomm Atheros AR928X) WiFi card. I bought it from online.
Two monitors = Working through mini display port + HDMI.
USB Webcam = Working
USB 3.0 ports = Working
Also tsted with Logitech USB headset and work without any issue.
USB all-in-one printer printing and scanning also working well.
Sleep/Wake up = Haven’t tested. May need to install addition power drivers.
I had to replace EFI settings and Clover boot loader settings from Unibeast USB stick to hard disk’s EFI folder to make audio drivers working properly. Otherwise, OS X won’t boot after restart. Audio disappears for a while randomly. I use USB digital speakers and they are OK.
I did this just for my hobby/interest and for testing purposes.
What I did was very simple….
– Download OS X El Capitan installer onto my MacBook PRO.
– I used MultiBeast 1.6 and created bootable USB stick with OS X El Capitan.
– Booted from that USB on my BRIX PRO and installed Mac OS X onto newly formatted mSATA SSD.
– Needed to change the original Intel WiFi card with compatible Atheros one.
– After OS X was installed, restarted the PC and booted Clover from USB and selected OS X SSD to start.
– Installed Clover boot loader and drivers using Multi Beast on OS X.
– Mounted SSD’s EFI partition and copied the Clover EFI files from USB stick.
That’s all. I can boot from SSD to OS X without USB stick after doing all above steps.